Sunday, November 29, 2020

30 Days of Thanks: November 29, 2020

As the end of November draws near and today is the first Sunday of Advent I find myself thankful for the waiting period. Advent is a period of waiting, a period of darkness, a period for transformation. I am not by nature a patient person, I have some patience, but never enough it feels to me. This year I am thankful for practicing patience, learning to be comfortable in the discomfort of waiting, and learning to live in the waiting place.

You can put your life on hold while waiting, or you can choose to live it. I have been faced with multiple waiting periods over 2020, as have many of us, and each time I have chosen to live within that period. It was not always easy, it was not always comfortable, and certainly it was not my choice to be waiting. With the beginning of Advent we await Christ's birth, a period of darkness before the star and the light of his birth. I am thankful for this period of waiting now upon us. I use December to reflect, meditate, and ground myself after the year. With all the changes that have occurred in 2020 I am thankful for this waiting period now present. I will wait, I will practice more patience, and I will live. My life will not wait, but will continue to follow and seek a life less ordinary.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment