Sunday, November 1, 2020

30 Days of Thanks: November 1, 2020

Every year I compose a blog a day in November, to give thanks, to reflect, and to set my intentions for the last of the year. 2020 is no different in that regard, though we can all agree that 2020 has been a challenging year. There are many who wish to never repeat this year, think of this year, or even speak of this year come 2021, yet I am not one of those. I will admit that it has been a challenging and difficult year. I have had to search for the joy amidst the chaos and stress, yet joy has been found, as well as love. In the moment I cannot say that I am thankful for 2020, but I am thankful for the opportunities that it has provided.

Today, November 1, 2020 I am thankful for opportunity. This year I have been able to have an entire new world of possibilities opened to me; ones in which I could have never dreamed about. When the opportunities have presented themselves I have made myself available. These opportunities have brought new friends and friendships, an abundance of love and a new purpose and passion to me. As the opportunities have grown I have watched them impact not only me, but my children as well, and this was unexpected. It's been a beautiful gift.

Opportunity in 2020 has also presented itself in increased family time and connection. Though there have been many moments when the 5 of us are certainly tired of seeing one another and we long for separation, we all have connected more. Yes my kids have driven me crazy, and driven each other crazy. Yes, they want to be with their friends more, not wear a mask and just return to pre-Covid life, but I also know they are enjoying have more flexibility and free-time in their schedules. We all are benefitting from this unique opportunity.

To be fair not every opportunity has had a positive outcome, but today I am here to give thanks. What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment