Wednesday, November 18, 2020

30 Days of Thanks: November 18, 2020

I don't often write here about my day job due to a circumstance that arose from one of posts, but today I am compelled to share the joys and gratitude I have for my job. I have a job that allows me the flexibility to drive my kid to the orthodontist this morning, or work from home if one of them is sick. I have a job that has thankfully allowed me to work from home through the early stages of the pandemic and then afforded me the flexibility to be home and working while my kids are doing virtual school. I am so thankful to have this position and the flexibility it has afforded me.

Not only that but this position came with the added benefit of a great officemate. I know I can go into work in a funk and be feeling better in a hour as she chats about her day, her daughter and her new grandson. This sweet woman will grab me a coffee or a water or anything if she's taking a walk to the cafeteria, offer me her snacks, and just about anything. She was a single mom, so she understands the struggles and is always there with an ear. I know when I took this position and moved into her office I was a little worried. She has worked for our company for many years, she's instrumental to the people with whom she works. I always knew her to be friendly and have a smile for all, but I was unsure of the dynamic we would have. I never needed to worry, we hit it off fairly quickly and have been fast friends since. I send her hiking pictures and in return get sweet grandbaby and puppy pictures.

What blessings I have

No comments:

Post a Comment