Tuesday, November 17, 2020

30 Days of Thanks: November 16-17, 2020

There are moments in my life where it would have been a big deal to me to have missed a day in my 30 days of thanks posting. Yesterday evening I was exhausted, physically primarily, but also emotionally. These past 2 weeks have challenged me, upended what was my routine and made me feel like I was no longer grounded. I am finding my footing again and working through my fears to release them. I barely had it in me to write in my journal, there was nothing left to compose a thankful post.

Today, I am thankful that I acknowledged and recognized that in myself yesterday and skipped my post. The world did not end, and I did not suffer, in fact I gained a few extra minutes of much needed sleep not writing. 

I am also thankful that I am learning balance. Not "to balance" but balance. I am great, excellent at balancing and juggling, taking on more tasks and rearranging things, balancing them. I am working on balance, that place of no longer juggling the balls or spinning the plates, but more focused time on individual areas. It does not mean that I do not have competing interests, it means I am working on prioritizing tasks, family, projects, friends, and most of all me. Just because I can do something, does not mean I have to do it, I am delegating and learning to say no. I always find it easier to say no for other people, or protect their own interests, property, etc, but mine, not as much.

Over the past 2 years I have been claiming more of my own, learning to protect more of my own time and talents, yet I still will over exert myself. I am thankful for the growing into balance. I am far from done, but thankful and grateful to be on the journey. Balance leads to peace, and peace will propagate more love. I choose to have a life of live, joy, and balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment