Wednesday, November 10, 2021

30 Days of Thanks: November 9

Can we all be thankful for dark chocolate?

I know that some of you may be anti-dark chocolate but the satiny smoothy texture and flavor that saturates your taste buds and stays with you simply cannot compare to milk chocolate or white chocolate. While I enjoy all forms of chocolate there is something divine about dark chocolate. Today was another heavy lifting day holding space for a friend dealing with grief, and those 2 bites of dark chocolate that I had from a bar purchased out this evening were just enough to soothe not only my tongue, but a part of me as well. Tonight, those 2 bites of chocolate were a form of much needed self-care, not an indulgence. There is a balance between over-indulgence, a treat, self-medication, and self-care. There are times that I have fallen on each of these when it comes to chocolate, but tonight fell into self-care.

I am thankful for the growth and changes in my relationship with food and my body, and sweets. A mindset shift from treats, earning foods, bad vs good foods, and all of those traps that we fall prey to when we are trying to fit ourselves into a societal expectation of our bodies and ourselves. It has been a long journey and I know that there will be more learning, more acceptance, and more growth in this process as I come more into the full loving acceptance of this gift of my body. For tonight I honored it and myself with 2 indulgent, perfectly tempered squares of satin rich dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment