Monday, November 8, 2021

30 Days of Thanks: November 7

Today I'm thankful the simplicity of the day. We had simple morning of muffins and spinach eggs (eggs scrambled with lots of spinach), church, religious education, and then a hike. Our day ended with a new movie and takeout. It was a much needed reprieve from the usual chaos of our lives, and often our weekends. There were no protests about the hike, and I kept it simple, a few miles at the local state park with rolling hills and the river, familiar trails to us. As our activities resume and the chaos increases I like these opportunities to have simple time together.

There was lots of laughter, lots of smiles, and a sense of joy and peace as we walked. They made up stories, discussed in-depth about Marvel vs DC battles, and climbed anything and everything in sight. We found our family unit without the pressure of everything else, and came home refreshed and ready to brave the next week. I had wanted to drive to a hike that's an hour away, but I also knew we needed the night to sit and watch a movie and relax, so I switched gears to the local state park and I am glad I did. I do have requests to go to this new place to hike, so we will see if we can incorporate it soon. I am thankful and grateful for kids that enjoy the outdoors, and find joy in stomping through the leaves, climbing trees, and jumping rocks across the river. Each time we are out renews us individually and as a family. Blessed be.



No comments:

Post a Comment