Wednesday, November 24, 2021

30 Days of Thanks: November 23

Today I'm simply thankful for joy. I have been finding more joy in the moments of my days, and find myself smiling randomly for no reason other than just because. It's in these moments that I have come to realize that I am filled with joy and often peace. Today during my yoga practice I was working through a more challenging pose and out came a small smile, joy at the work, the dedication, and strength I have found in practicing yoga. 

We often speak of love, of grace, of peace, yet we speak so rarely of joy. Joy is not happiness; joy is more intricate and complex than happiness. Joy radiates in ways that happiness does not. When you have observed someone glowing and radiating I believe that they are exhibiting joy more often than happiness. While I cannot fully describe joy, I feel light and radiant from the inside out. To me joy is the light and happiness that are internal and then radiate outward. I am thankful that there is more joy in my life, more random smiles, and more light. I wish you all more joy in your lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment