Monday, November 8, 2021

30 Days of Thanks: November 8

Happy Birthday Pete!

Today I'm thankful for my buddy Pete. Looking at us together you'd never guess that we're such good friends, nor would you fathom that it all came from mornings (and afternoons) at the bus stop. Two mornings a week I walked my kids to the bus and occasionally chatted with this man there, sometimes after school too. Our daughters became fast friends, and still are, and we slowly started connecting. It was Super Bowl parties, backyard fires, and then outings to the local museums and such with kids in tow. Man did we get some looks then!

Pete was there before my marriage fell apart, while it was falling apart he was always there to listen to me, let me cry for a bit, and he's still there. Rides to and from the airport, driving my kids a few places when absolutely necessary, the man is a great friend. Everyone should have a Pete in their life. Here we are over 5 years later and we're still close and out making laughs. 

I am so thankful for all the texts, the facebook posts, instagram shares, and everything else. He can usually make me laugh, and if not he knows he can show up with a drink or his award winning chili and it will cheer me up. For a worst case he knows the perfect bartender to mix us both up a drink. From the little things to the big things I'm thankful for all the Pete has brought into my life.

Happy birthday my friend!





No comments:

Post a Comment