Sunday, November 7, 2021

30 Days of Thanks: November 6th

It has been an intense week helping a dear friend navigate deep and painful grief, as well as anxiety. It has taken a lot of my own internal tools to keep myself grounded and I am incredibly thankful I have these. What I'm truly grateful for though is the American Perimeter Trail family that we have built. Tonight we had our monthly happy hour and it was much needed medicine for me. I didn't know I even needed that connection, but there it was.

Our members shared stories, supported me, supported us, and ended up telling us what the APT means to them. It was deeply touching. The APT means so much to me; it's this incredible project that I get to be a part of, that I get to facilitate and that I get to make history with. Often our happy hours are light and fun and silly, and we did have that tonight (no I wont share, as what happens at happy hour stays at happy hour), but we also had deep and meaningful connections. Our family grows and it builds and intertwines, connecting all of these people across the country, weaving a thread among us. It's beautiful and tonight these people touched my heart and solidified our family further. Thank you Rue for all that you do and will do for the APT, and thank you to the APT family for being the incredible humans that you are.

Peace, love, and pixie dust.



No comments:

Post a Comment