Thursday, November 4, 2021

30 Days of Thanks: November 4

I don't often speak about my nanny, but today I'm thankful for her. I'm thankful for almost all of the nannies we have had. The majority of those that have been employed for my children have been wonderful. They changed diapers, potty trained, helped them ride bikes, did crafts, cooked for them, cooked with them, and took them on adventures big and small. Yes we've had a few horrific stories from a few of our nannies, the one that just quit one day and left my kids at preschool, the one that let B make a nutella and mayonnaise sandwich, and then the one that totaled my van, but really and truly these nannies have been a part of our family.

Today my nanny dealt with hormonal attitude from Miss B, driving D up to rock climbing, and making sure S made it to gymnastics on time. In the midst of that she made sure the cornbread was cooked by the children, the pork shredded, green beans cooked and S and D ate before their activities. Oh did I mention managing to make sure the homework is complete, chores done, and instruments practiced too? She's a wonderful person and a wonderful nanny. My kids enjoy her, and she spoils them with books and crafts. Without her my life would be a lot more difficult. Yes my kids are old enough to stay home alone after school, but I do need someone to drive them to activities and ensure chores are done. In addition she maintains the peace as much one can with 4 kids, and is an excellent role model for a hard working individual. We do fine when she's not here, but having her around makes a huge difference and I am so grateful to employ her.

Sometimes the thankfulness and gratitude is more esoteric, and days like today it is more concrete. If you have a caregiver in your life for your children or parents or partner or loved one, make sure you take some time to thank them for all that they do.





No comments:

Post a Comment