Monday, November 1, 2021

30 Days of Thanks: November 1

 It's my annual tradition to blog my days of thanks this month. Simply a moment to really reflect and document what is important to me on that day at that moment. Today is a simple thing: friendship. I am so thankful and grateful for friendship. For the seasonal friendships where people come into your life and then leave, and though I mourn the loss I am grateful for the time; for the long-term friendships, the people that have followed me from state to state to state.....; for the new friendships. Each relationship is unique, some are certainly more dynamic than others, and yet each one holds a place in my heart. These people have been there for me, then not been there for me, and for the most part love me for who I am. This crazy, messy woman who's out making dreams into goals, wrangling 4 kids, and living a life less ordinary.

I am thankful for the friendships that my children develop. Tonight as my eldest attended her first homecoming dance with her best friend for the past 6 years it was a fun time to watch them get ready together. Though they don't spend a lot of time together they were all smiles and you would never know that due to schedules they rarely see each other. My youngest son has developed some incredible friendships this year and is out almost everyday at house hanging out; again it's something special to watch. Even this morning when the youngest and her bestie missed the bus I am thankful they had each other. Each of these friendships shapes them, nurtures them, and feeds them in ways that I cannot. In turn it also feeds me. There is such synergy and beauty in these gifts of friendship.


S off to her homecoming dance

No comments:

Post a Comment