Wednesday, November 3, 2021

30 Days of Thanks: Day 3

"Why do you do this every year?"

I take the time every year to write these gratitudes to reflect set my mindset for the upcoming season, and to find the time daily to be appreciative more than I might typically. I enjoy the moments sat in "forced" writing and reflection. It slows me down from an otherwise busy day and helps me find the gratitude, and often the joy, even on days when it might be challenging. Writing these is something I do for me, and to share my story, my life, my lessons, and in doing so hopefully help one of you reading this not feel so alone, or different, to normalize the craziness and chaos of life.

Even on those difficult days when the world is crashing and you are questioning your life decisions that lead you to the mess that is smothering you there is something in there to be thankful or grateful for; whether it be a lesson learned or a connection made or a simple smile shared across the room you can find a moment in which you can find thanksgiving. On this day I am simply thankful for this opportunity to share a bit of why I write these each year and to have the moment to wish you all peace, joy, happiness, and a little bit of magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment