Monday, November 15, 2021

30 Days of Thanks: November 15

Today, as I am on every November 15th, I am thankful for my mother. The incredible woman that birthed me and raised me to be the woman I am today. She is sweet and kind, so much more even tempered than I am, though just as opinionated. She is selfless and simply amazing. 

Two days a week my mother arrives to my house to make sure B makes it on the bus or drives her to band practice so I can get to work on time. She comes over often during the week to tend to the garden, the weeds, the yard, and so many other things. She slips in with a tin of cookies, or a tray of eggplant parmigiana, often times without us knowing until we see the sign. Two mornings a week I find a stack of matched socks from our never empty sock basket, and laundry folded that has been sitting waiting. It's not the tasks themselves that matter, it's the love that they represent. My mom is a mom, watching her daughter trying to find time for herself and raise a small brood of kids, and in doing these little things she relieves me of some of the pressure. Simple, pure love.

Tonight we celebrated a milestone birthday for her and we ate, laughed, told stories and celebrated the incredible woman that she is. I wish there was more that we could have done than the food, cake, balloons and flowers, for this woman is worthy of so much more, yet I know she left with a heart full of love and support. 

Happy Birthday Mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment