Thursday, November 7, 2019

30 Days of Thanks: Day 7

Today is a simple day of thanks. I'm thankful for music. Music speaks to me in so many ways, and allows me access to emotions that I may otherwise ignore. You can play a certain song that will bring me to tears or make me smile and laugh. Music triggers memories, and can often leave me with a sense of peace, despite the contrasting emotions.

Last evening music brought me to my knees, tears upon tears upon tears. Song after song reminded me of changes, feelings and allowed a release of unknown pent-up emotion. From The Greatest Showman's A Million Dreams to the amazing cover of it by P!nk it will never cease to strike me with emotion. Hearing the song in person at Hugh Jackman's concert brought me to tears. That's just me, who I am. Music has always been a way for me to connect and reflect my emotions. I'm thankful for that gift, as I know that not everyone connects that intimately to music.

I don't know how anyone can hear Chris Lane's Big Big Plans and not feel his emotion, or the love that Scotty McCreery has for his wife in This Is It. Don't like country? That's fine. What about the raw power behind Disturb's remake of The Sound of Silence. That one just gives me chills. Or the magical blending of Leon Bridges and Luke Combs in Beyond. I love the power and energy and feel of Leon Bridges' music, but this collaboration amazes me. Lately, if I know I need to process something, on goes P!nk's latest album Hurts 2B Human. I can say enough about all the different emotions that her music evokes.

I could go on, but at the core of it all is that I'm thankful for the music and the intimacy it creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment