Friday, November 1, 2019

30 Days of Thanks: Day 1

I typically attempt to do the #30daysofthanks of Facebook, but invariably miss a few days. This year I opted to switch it up and post it here. This allows me the option to write more, reflect more and be more candid.

It's November 1st and we're all coming down off a sugar high from yesterday's trick or treat extravaganza. I'll be honest, I wanted nothing more than to stay in my warm bed, sleep, read a book, watch hiking videos on YouTube and drink warm beverages today. Bonus if I would get to share those things with someone special, but alas it's a Friday and work calls with an 8am meeting. That being said it was a productive, yet frustrating day at work when I realized I had lost all of my work on a project and had to start from scratch. On top of that I had promised it to the people today, so I was on a deadline to recreate a week's worth of work in under 8 hours. Thankfully, I found a few shortcuts and was able to put it out for them as promised.

This leads me to my first thankfulness post:
I am thankful for being able to work well under pressure.
It's saved me a number of times and drives me when I need it. I know that not everyone thrives under pressure, and there are certainly times when I do not, but today was not one of them. For that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment