Monday, November 11, 2019

30 Days of Thanks: Day 11

Rainbows. I'm thankful for rainbows. It was a rough morning for no particular reason, just busy, but I felt myself teary so much of the morning. It's been an emotional rollercoaster ride, with lots of lows, and climbing out of the valleys, though no mountaintop highs to feel. I know I'm not the only one who had a rough emotional week last week. There's just something in the air, making many of us more emotional than usual. On top of that it's been triggering my anxiety. Not much I can do, but breathe through it and have faith in the change coming.

While I was driving this afternoon to pick up my youngest two from school I spotted a sliver of a rainbow. It seemed really out of the ordinary to me as there hadn't been any rain, there was lots of cloud cover, but there it was glowing for me to see. On my drive back with my little two I told them about the rainbow. We valiantly searched for it, but it seemed like it would stay hidden away to it's own secret world. As we rounded a corner I caught a glimpse of it, and then the sun shined brightly in my eyes. I grabbed my sunglasses and suddenly that hidden rainbow became incredibly clear.

It was a message to me that I needed to share with everyone. That in these troubled and tough times to see the beauty in the world sometimes you need to view it through a different lens.

From that moment forward my day improved, anxiety lessened, grace appeared and I felt more grounded. Signs from the universe are not to be ignored, but shared and enjoyed. I'm using it as a reminder that my viewpoint is always best, sometimes I need to see the other side and find the beauty. It's always there, sometimes just out of sight.

Change your lens, see the beauty, change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment