Sunday, December 30, 2018

A thanks to the men of 2018

2018 has been a year of so many different people making impacts, small and large, on my life. I wanted to take a moment to thank them as best I can. As there have been so many I found while writing that it ended up being easier dividing them by gender. So thank you to these men of 2018.

First I want to thank my ex, my kid's dad. Crazy right?! But he has made it generally smooth sailing when it comes to co-parenting. We both love our kiddos enough to put aside our differences and do what's best for them.

Then there's my dad. He has done SO MUCH around my house. From building a second story in the treehouse, to mowing the lawn and painting and electrical; I could go on. I cannot express how grateful I am for all that you have done for me and the kids.

To my business trip friend- Thank you for restoring my faith in the random stranger connection; to teaching me to be vulnerable and how to find myself again. From a simple conversation 6 months ago you became a pivotal part of my healing process, and while I know you don't like to take credit for it, you helped immensely.

To my neighbor on the corner- Thanks for shoveling me out all winter, helping me rake and all the other little things that you do. This single mama appreciates every little piece of time that you give me. And thanks for the silly nights out; it's always nice to get out and swap some horror stories. It's so nice to have a neighbor like you that I know I can always call in a pinch.

To my next-door neighbor- Thanks for letting my kids play at your house, working on their basketball techniques and driving my youngest son around. I am blessed to have a neighbor like you and your family.

To my running buddy- There are not enough words to thank you for these past few months of support, in and out of our runs. 2019 is destined to be a good year for our running and our families.

To my friend B in PA- Thank you for the introduction to an author I would not have picked on my own and our quiet little friendship. Peace and love to you.

To my friend B in TX- Thank you for this crazy reconnection. What a crazy past few months it has been, but I am blessed to call you a friend. I am thankful for every text and song and advice that you send my way. I know you have my back and you know I have yours. I am looking forward to our coming adventure in 2019.

To my friend A in PA- If you're reading this I'm sure you're shocked to see yourself here. But in the short time we've known each other I consider myself blessed to know you. Thanks for the laughter and for helping me rediscover some hidden parts of me. I can only hope that 2019 brings us as much entertainment and growth.

To C- Thank you for the coffee, smiles, laughter and great stories. I am looking forward to more story-telling in 2019 and creating a few of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment