Sunday, December 30, 2018

Thanks to my women in 2018

Here's the sister post to the previous. Not only were there a large number of men that needed to be thanked, but there have been some pretty amazing women in my life in 2018.

First- my mom. She is amazing. She watches my kiddos, fixes dinner, cleans and just does amazing "mom" stuff. But she listens to me and loves me, despite me being me at times. Thank you for the love, support and life lessons.

Then there's B. This gal has been there every step of the way on this crazy journey of 2018 (and before that too). She listens to me when I need to vent and offers advice and honesty when I need it. I can count on her in tricky situations. And she's always in for pizza, beer or a run. Thanks B.

I have to thank my therapist, K. This woman is amazing and excellent at her job. She listens to me well and has helped me process some heavy stuff. She's also not afraid to call me on my BS and give me crazy homework. Without her I'm not sure where I would be. So thanks to my great therapist K.

To my gal G- Thank you for listening to me about everything. It helps to have another female to talk to who's been through similar stuff. Peace and love to you.

To K- I never would have thought we would have bonded over something like divorce, but here we are. Thanks for the advice, love, support and suggestions along the way. And for being my date at some functions. What am I going to do in June without you?

To the lady H- Thanks for listening to me this past year and sharing your journey with me. It's been great to hear stories from the "other side" of this crazy thing called divorce. Your joy and happiness in your life is an inspiration to me in dark moments.

To J- I am so happy that we have continued to keep in touch and reconnect. Thank you for the advice over the past 6 months and listening to me about everything under the sun and moon and stars. 2019 will bring us light and peace.

To M and C- Thank you for the connection and encouragement. I like our little group and am hopeful we can manage an outing in 2019.

To my neighbors K and L- You ladies welcome my kids with open arms and hearts. My kids love to play at both your houses and I am blessed to have you both as neighbors.

To my coworkers R and N- Thanks to you two special ladies for listening to me and for the laughter you bring to me and your patients. You are both incredible therapists and your patients and families are blessed to have you.

To my officemate K- Thank you for tolerating my 8 million webexes that I have weekly and laughing at my funny stories. The office is too quiet when you're not there, and I miss you smiles and stories. Thank you for being you.


No comments:

Post a Comment