Sunday, September 30, 2018

Clothes and Compliments

In my new position at work I have the opportunity to dress in dresses and heels, and I often take advantage of it. I love the ability to wear a dress and heels. It gives me an internal power and confidence that I just don't have when I'm wearing scrubs and a t-shirt to work. Now don't get me wrong, there are certainly days I would like to roll out of bed and toss on my scrubs pants and a t-shirt, but for now I'm enjoying the perks of my new position. In fact I'm known to thrown on a dressier outfit for work if I'm having a rough morning, just so I can try to capture some of that confidence.

All of this being said about work, I also enjoy getting dressed up to go out. I don't get dressed up to impress anyone. Sure, I may want to look nice, but that's not the same thing. I get dressed up for ME. Wearing a nice dress and heels, with my hair and makeup done makes me feel pretty and confident, that I can take on the world. You can't buy that kind of feeling, and I know that when I feel that good it radiates outward. It's amazing what a little self-confidence can do. Others may think the outfit is for them, but it's not. It's for me. You're welcome to appreciate it in a respectful manner, but never think I'm doing it for you.

That point being cleared up, let's clarify those compliments. Everyone likes a well done compliment. No one wants a backhanded compliment, and if you're receiving compliments, be gracious. Just say thank you and move on, or even better return it with a thoughtful compliment. Personally, I don't want to be called "cute". If I'm all dressed up, I don't think of myself as cute; beautiful, attractive, pretty would be terms I would prefer. Cute makes me think of babies, toddlers, puppies, kittens, etc.; certainly not a full grown woman. But again, that's just me. So really, make those compliments thoughtful and appropriate. You never know how those words will impact the person.


No comments:

Post a Comment