So I posted last September having just finished my first race ever, and here I am in May posting again after my second race: another half marathon. Trend anyone? So funny thing is I feel like now instead of fielding the "how do you do it" questions about school and 4 kiddos I get the "what do you do/think about on those long runs?"
So here are some my random thoughts from my amazing race this past Sunday. Which, for the record, I cut off an amazing 6 minutes off my previous time. Thank you Wildwoods!
- Mile 0-1 wow.... lots of people, I forgot what running with this many people is like..... Hey! Why can't I hear my music? oh yeah......I turned down the volume earlier
- Mile 1-2 HEY! THERE ARE MY KIDS and HUBBY! (I ran past with a smile and got big high fives!) and then my favorite thought; bathrooms? seriously we're like 20-25 min into our run and you girls have to pee already! Can't you hold it for another 2 hours?
- Mile 4 seriously? only mile 4?
- Mile 6 do I see uphill ahead? I thought this was a flat course
- Mile 7-8 thank goodness I trained hills! that bridge was easy, WHAT?! the turnaround is here, you mean I have to do that bridge again like right now?!
- Mile 9 time for some chapstick......or not (as i dropped it)
- Mile 10 HOME STRETCH BABY! (which for the record I actually yelled out loud, because what's another 3 miles when you have already run 10)
- Mile 11.5 as I pass a volunteer who cheers and says 1.5 more to go, I yelled back to him with a grin "HOME STRETCH BABY!"
- Mile 12.75 THERE ARE MY KIDS and HUBBY! and praise the lord I can see the finish!
There were other thoughts along the way, but honestly I don't really think that much while I run. I just love the mind clearing and cleansing that it brings.